Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Happy Hooker

From LJ-Mar. 14th, 2006 12:08 am
The last 24 hours have been momentous. I lost my voice. The staff were SHOCKED, they had never heard me not talk before. I was a new experience for them. Hopefully not to be repeated anytime soon. For myself I bought the Happy Hooker, no not something I had to purchase from a store with papered windows, it's a book on crochet by the Stitchin'Bitch herself. Just in time for summer. I will take a very solemn vow to never ever crochet a toilet paper cover, nor a Santa commode cover. That is my gift to the world there ;>

If you didn't know a few days before my birthday this past year I found a book at Zellers on knitting and crocheting. I had always wanted to knit and after about 6 starts over the years I found I wasn't very good my stitched were so tight they were like knots. (To this day I find my relationship with gauge to be a very casual one, not for lack of trying)But this book (marinas Illustrated Guide to Knitting) had photos not the same badly done pencil drawings you see in every pamphlet and flyer about knitting. I took it home, ran back for needles and yarn..Yeah am that bright be warned... And cast on. About an hour later there was a knit stitch on my needles. OH! It was a great event, except in order to do a swatch I had to do how many more? Yeah. So the book says do a 4x4 square, rip back and do it again. Well 2 rows in I was sooo bored. (hello am an orange here) So I moved on to chapter 2. Purling. After about 3 hours I asked my mom for help. Now you may ask if I had a mom who knit at hand why didn't I ask her to teach me. Because after she tried to show me how to do my knit stitch "properly" even though I only wanted help with purling It took me 2 more hours until I figured out the knit stitch again. I struggled through and after I figured it out the purl stitch wasn't hard. Scarves were big swatches I don't like swatches (shock of the century there) and that haunts my every project, please people swatch, don't be like me! Anyways I wanted to cut my teeth on something a little different. So yes my first pattern was a cat's eye pattern that was intermediate. Fools Jump In, I suppose.Why did I embark upon this epic tale you ask. Because as I said (a whole lot of time ago) I just bought a book on crochet. If knitting alone can send me into a feeding frenzy of patterns, magazines, yarn and needles (not to mention a need to go to Toronto to take a few courses) you can imagine how bad the stash Issue will become when compounded with crochet. Already the cats wander for days trying to find their way through the bags of yarn. I may lose them entirely after this. My progress with crochet is actually not bad. I can single crochet very well. I can double and triple very nicely (only on a swatch so far) and that whole double triple crochet worked out like the picture in the happy hooker, not like the pattern I was trying to make in the book however. The double half crochet remains a perplexing Gregorian Knot that hopefully I can...Let's not say unravel, too many in progress projects, don't need the karma.Time will tell-but remember I promised no TP COVERS or Commode Cozies

2 comments:

Toni said...

RACING GAMES, TRUCK GAMES, MONSTER TRUCKS AND LORRY GAMES to play. Sketch Rider Sketch Rider sponsored by maxgames com is another ta. Top Truck Top Truck is a cool truck driving and racing game sp. USS Racing 2 USS Racing 2. Thor Monster Truck Game MostFunGames com. Thor Monster Truck by ThorGaming Smash all kinds of vehicles in your monster truck. Car Racing Games Monster Truck Games Free Online Dirt Bike Games. For more advanced racers we hawe monster truck games were you are a racer of a big truck. To improve your driving skills check the car parking games were you should park your ride and. We have the best to play online. All games are. We have the best to play online. All games are free and playable at any time! 3D Truck Games Free Online 3D Truck Games Play 3D Truck Racing. Play the most beautiful online 3d truck games. Racing games and car games.

Agarwal said...

RACING GAMES, TRUCK GAMES, MONSTER TRUCKS AND LORRY GAMES to play. Sketch Rider Sketch Rider sponsored by maxgames com is another ta. Top Truck Top Truck is a cool truck driving and racing game sp. USS Racing 2 USS Racing 2. Thor Monster Truck Game MostFunGames com. Thor Monster Truck by ThorGaming Smash all kinds of vehicles in your monster truck. Car Racing Games Monster Truck Games Free Online Dirt Bike Games. For more advanced racers we hawe monster truck games were you are a racer of a big truck. To improve your driving skills check the car parking games were you should park your ride and. We have the best to play online. All games are. We have the best to play online. All games are free and playable at any time! 3D Truck Games Free Online 3D Truck Games Play 3D Truck Racing. Play the most beautiful online 3d truck games. Racing games and car games.