Sunday, July 16, 2006

Scarf Fetishism


Taken From LJ May. 10th, 2006 01:17 pm
This was always meant to be a knitting blog/Journal. I want to log all my knitting here. It's Funny most knitters give thier work away, my digital camera ensures I can keep a small bit of each project for myself. I have let it be said that I didn't start with scarves that is somewhat untrue, I made a Cat's eye "lace" Scarf. This isn't to say I didn't go through a scarf phase. I did right before Christmas when I looked at my people I need to make gifts for vs. my actual time to knit.

They are from Left to Right:Becky'S Scarf (Bernal Soft Boucle)Kendra's Scarf (Lion Brand Homespun, Corinthian)Lost Scarf (TLC Amore, Verigated purples and a steel grey)BoHo Scarf (Made out of Ods and ends; LB Suade, Bernat's Boa, Satin, And Paton's Carmen)Boredom scarf (Bernat Boa Cardinal)BoHo Girly (Made from bernat eyelash, Brilliant, fun fur and a few other odds and ends I totally can not recollect.)

The Three on the left were made in garter stitch with 3 strands held together on 17MM needles.They took about 2-3 hours each depending if the skiens all tangled.the Boho were Knit sideways and I kept making them to darn short, in future it's not unreasonable to cast on 200 stitches.The boredom scarf was a super skinny scarf with fringe was started for no reason that I was bored it was almost Christmas and I should be knitting.I still want to make scarves but really it's May and snowstorms are rare (yes, i know we had one last Tuesday don't remind me).

The "Adavant" Pooch scarf doesn't count. When one is doped one must have garter stitch.

The last one was a quick basc scarf made for our Homecare Helper Donna, It was a plain garter stitch in Bernat boa using about 3.75 mm needles, much smaller than recommended anyways. It made the fuzz fuzzier and the colours really stand out.

No comments: