Am I insane with everything going on I am participating in Secret Pal 9?1 Why yes, yes I am ;>
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- i am turning into a bit of a yarn snob i guess but without a proper lys in town not too much, i wil knit with anything that isn't ribbon or ladder yarn. if it squeeks while being knit i'm not going to use it
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
- I have a case for my circs and I have a wine bottle box for my straights. dpns and accesories are in a little knitting bag
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
- 1 year, 1 month and 27 days and about 20 hours...
- from a book my mom tried to show me but that didn't workout so well
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- advanced except i can't do multi coloured knitting
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
- apples (roses mixed with apples)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
- i do have a sweet tooth, i love laura secort mint chocolate bars 9not the green one but the solid milk ones ...yum)
- right now i am so hooked on twix i should be dying of malnutrition
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
- i don't spin, i can cross stitch but don't very much, I can bead but pretty much just make stitch markers, i sew but just beginners stuff
- did i mention crochet? i like to do that too
- i make soap
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- i like classical music thats been remixed- think the diva song from "fifth element"
- i have mp3 players
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
- i like brights! my favourite colours are all the secondary colours (including pink), i never wear primary colours (excpet for one pair of rusty red socks I am making)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- i live with my parents, my father is in a wheelchair, my mum has breast cancer so it's probably a good thing i am home
- there are 4 cats and 2 dogs living here and apparently wanting attention all at the same time
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- i love the idea of a ponch i don't know if i'ed wear one, i thinki would but then i think i'ed be self conconcious
- i live in canada and walk 20-30 mins to and from work 5 days a week (minimum) yes i ear hats, gloves and scarves, i also love fashion/indoor scarves
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- i am attracted to almost ever skirt pattern ever
13. What are you knitting right now?
- 2 skirts, a dress, a shawl, socks, soul sucking garther stitch scarf, crocheting 3 hats and ablanket and there are probably more ufo's i can think about
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- straights and metal
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- no *sniff*
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
- 1 year, 19 days and 20 hours ... actually about 9 months
18. What is your favorite holiday?
- anything that gets me time off work. a few years ago it would have been christmas but i work retail and it's busy
19. Is there anything that you collect?
- movies and dvd box sets
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- rowan magazine looks really cool, the newest issue has a pattern for a dress that looks squee
- rebecca magazine isn't available here either
- i collect knit simple, interweave knits, vouge knitting, sometimes i'll pick up a creative knitting but some of thier stuff is really scary bland/unflattering (sorry), i usually buy 2 copies of knit.1 because i lug it around everywhere, and interweave crochet, crochet! and looking back i wonder howmany trees i kill a month, still you can't say i am uninformed.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
- multi coloured knitting, there is just something about it that doesn't click with me, oh and illusion knitting
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
- i am a left sock knitter, i never get around to the right it seems ;> (or is it the other way around?)
- i wear a size 8 shoe
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- august 10