Monday, November 20, 2006

WIP'd

I usually have, well a lot on the needles. It suits me. I want to knit, I want to feel the potential of each and every project I start, I want a challange. After I get those things I, um, move on ..a bit.. Why, with my attention span, do i not consider FINISHING a project to be a challange? Let's face facts with my stunning lack ability to concentrate for more than 5 minutes it would be a challange. These are the long awaited photos of the WIP in ...well, current rotation. (Also please consider the near miracle that my camera and I were at the same place at the same time for the first time in months.)

Pattern: Lace Edged Coat
From: Knitscene 05
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino in Harvest
Completed: Back and most of a front (shown) and there should be another front kicking around here somewhere or I am going to be uber short on yarn!

Thoughts: I needed 3 not 2 strands held together I think. It's knitting bigger than I thoughton the other hand so a bit of felting should get the fabric a little tighter. So far it's BO-RING. Garter stitch, all of it. Yawnsville. The redeeming feature it's on really big needles. So it theoretically goes way faster. There has been some pooling issues but I am ok with it for the most part. I plan on making the matching skirt, but that one will have to be 3 stands for sure.

The big feature of it is the crochet trim. I am going to have to use another dyelot for the trim but I can live with that. I really can't wait to get to it.
Want to see what it's supposed to look like check it out here: http://www.knitscene.com/photos/project14.asp


Pattern:Trellis Scarf
From:Sprin 06 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Brushed Suri From Blue Sky Alpacha in Earl Grey
Completed:not a hell of a lot

Thoughts:I decided since the yarn had the word Alpacha in it, it'ed be a substitue for the recomended yarn (Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud (100% baby alpaca; 440 yd [402 m]/50 g): #C82 smoke, 1 skein.) For the record I am trying to replace a lace weight with across between DK and Worsted.Surprising to no one with any knitting sense at all. I am having difficulties, especially since I kept the recommended needle size. This was going to be a gift, I like it a lot but knitting 7 together is damn near impossble. So off to something a little easier if I am to have a hope and/or prayer of finishing it for Christmas.

It's brushed to so I think I wont even beable to reclaim the yarn. **sob**
to compare look here:
http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/preview/2006_spring.asp


Pattern: Icarus Shawl
From:Summer 06 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Misti Alpacha Lace in Baby Pink
Completed: Am just a few rows away from the mysterious chart 2.

Thoughts: Pray for me kittens, for I amy be deeply, deeply screwed. I bought 2 balls of baby alpacha wool in Calgary. it's 400m a ball. the yarn requirements are as follows :Alpaca Yarn Co. Suri Elegance (100% suri alpaca; 875 yd [800 m]/ 100 g): #3001 Pearl Harbor grey, 1 skein. What they don't tell you is it pretty much takes EXACTLY 800 meters. You have inches left! Inches!! I took off about 2 feet of yarn as I kept fuggling up the cast on, and it got mighty frayed (so did I but thats another story). It's entirely possible I willonly have enough yarn of bind off half! **wimper** If anyone has about 30 feet of Misti Alpaca Lace 2 ply, 100% Baby Alpaca , in Baby Pink (#0524) Dye lot 9006, lemme know!

For the non lace initiated this is a great starting point with some pretty mindless repititions. (Yeah I got a little bored) To ooh and ah at the finished project go to
http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/preview/2006_summer.asp


Pattern:Central Park Hoodie
From: Knitscene 06
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino in Leaf Green
Completed: Back and am up to the sleeves on both fronts.

Thoughts:This was the yarn I bought to make the Lace Trim Sweater at the top. I bought enough balls to make the coat and proabably half the trim. (I bought out the dyelot entirely) , the Harvest colour above was to be the matching skirt but things go awry. I took Icarus and knitting to be named later, and I wanted to cast on the Lace Trim Sweater (now to be knows as LTS)but I had the wrong sized needles. I thus used the yarn handy and cast on the Central Park Hoodie, because I can't NOT knit. I got past the considerable ribbing that night and there was no going back. Maybe if i hadn't finished the ribbing I would have ripped back and done up all the projects as I planned (Central Park was supposed to be Pink!) But I didn't and I guess I have to live with that now, don't I? It's a pretty basic sweater, While working on the fronts I got bored. I will finish this sweater though. It's to basic not to.

View Here:http://www.knitscene.com/photos/2006/project13.asp

OMFG I just went to look for the photo and I saw a link for corrections. Under “Left Front”
Row 2 (WS) *K2, p2; rep from * to end of row.
Under “Hood”
Dec row (RS) Work to 3 sts before m, k2tog, k1, sl m, k1, ssk, work to end.

Guess what I did. Pardon Me I need to cry and eat some chocolate. Possibly garrot myself with the circs.


Pattern:Poma-whatsis
From: Knitty Winter O5
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Completed:1 Cuff and chart 1


Thoughts: This sock is in semi-permident detention, through no fault of it's own. I can't get my printer and PC to talk to each other. While I was willing to do Chart 1 By hand, the rest, not so much. Also while taking this picture I realized this is huge!. My guage on socks is massive. I wonce cast on a sock in the same weight and needlesize only to end up with a hat! Any advice on sock guage is welcome. Gads.

I have come to the comclusion I almost always cast on projects everyone else is doing. I'm a sheep, which all things consitered isn't a baaaa-d (sorry) thing for a knitter to be, beats a lemming by a mile. Still this is most of the current rotation. There are a few Christmas Gifts and secret pal stuff on and off needles I can't blog about yet. But I blogged and that is something, right?

No comments: