Monday, December 25, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
How about full grown cats? Sam Sam and Spooky have been spotted perched high up in the boughs of our Christmas Tree. Ohbz has tired twice but he has knocked the tree over, at 2 am then apparently jumped on my dad in bed to specifically tell him "I didn't do it" 30 pounds of Ohbz with fish breath not the way to wake up. Though if he sits on your chest you may not wake up at all....
I think the Scientologists got to him. He was spotted jumping on the couch proclaiming his love for the froggie cat nip squeekie. Were planning an intervention followed by an eggnog social.
Friday, December 15, 2006
I got a little care package from Elann yesterday/ I ordered some of their Kidd Silk Haze. It's Ok not as soft as I'ed like. I think I am going to make a Christmas scarf. Or a few. So behind on the Christmas knitting. 1 FO ain't going to cut it, You know. I need to catch the flu. I can garter stitch with flu. Hell I can garter stitch while having a root canal, ask me how I know.
Also from Elann I ordered this book: ( Edit:I just checked Elann I think I got thier last copy! And I couldn't find it on any other sites either.)
I had 2 balls of Elann's Baby Silk so I could start some right away. Which I did. I figured out the fringe on it and all, but again my dpn gauge is pretty scary. I am making mittens for a 5 year old but they fit me. Well, the cuff does. I'm not that fast at all. I don't plan on keeping the mittens, mittens I want to do a repeat of the pattern then I'm frogging it. It is destined to become this.
Probably not in time for Christmas. I want to master 2 colour knitting? Well then I have to do it. Next stop will be intarsia land....later... I may order more skeins and make matching mitts. I bought a new winter coat this year(White makes me look tall) and am knitting a neapolitan scarf (pink, white and tan disco yarn) and I want a matching Latvian gloves and a fair isle hat in matching pattern. I think I will use Baby Cashmere for myself.
Muffin? A few years ago, maybe one, I was playing an online fantasy game, a mild free version of WoW. A young 13 year old girl tried to scam me out of gold coins and loot. And she tried to do it very very badly. It was laughable. But really I was nice about it. When she realized I wasn't going to be "conned" she called me a muffin. I spent the next few hours following her around bugging her about the muffin thing. Really I was so nice to her and got called a Muffin for my trouble. The consensus of my American Friends was Blueberry, My Canadian friends all say Tim Horton's fruit explosion.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
I saw this on Crafster, where it's very rare I find some really cute things. To bad the sight is so disorganized! There is probably hundreds of patterns on there I'ed like but can't ever seem to manage to find a way to browse affectively.
Think I can make a couple for Christmas?
Think I should?
EDIT:I should never roll out of bed and post it will only ever end in tears. Or really bad grammer.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to know your friends"
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping papre or something really funky like taking a fairy sculpture, putting it in a clear plastic tub and filling it with gum.
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake, a new one every year, cats sleep in it and I dont want the canines thinking we got doggie indoor plumbing
3. When do you put up the tree? I usually buy all new tree and ornaments in October and want to put it up right a way, so It's up the first weekend in Dec ;>
4. When do you take the tree down? Mom does it, she keeps telling me it's bad luck to have it up more than a week before January. I hate this job it's uncheerful'
5. Do you like eggnog? Nothing good ends in nog, not even snog, it just sounds spitty.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think it was a Wrinkles dog, grey that I had wanted for ages. Or the red headed cabbage patch, tho that may have been for my birthday.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, I can just imagine being damned because Ohbz ate baby Jesus.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Apparently me, everyone says so.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Mum or Dad it alternates with year. Also YB tho with all of the above it's hard to limit myself to one good idea.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My parents are hearing impaired as evidenced 5 years ago when walking through the Bay I held up a sweater and said isn't this the ugliest thing you have ever seen in my life, only to have them rush in the next day and buy it for me. Or the time I gave my parents a list omplete with sizes and my dad decided since they were out of 7's he'ed geta 2 and a 20 and one of them should fit.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Um I buy and fill out Christmas cards but never seem to send them.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I likre a load of TV specials but movie, Proabably National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November if I am lucky. I have a lot of birthdays in November so it kinda blends.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep. I have little guilt about it tho.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cokies and Stuffing, mums stuffing, not like anyone elses.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Depends Someone usually chews them so it goes yearly.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I lik Christmas music in general, but as I work retail I have to say my 2 favourite albums are by Hilary Duff as they aren't all remakes of the same old songs and I love the Brian Setzer Orchestra's album as well.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, I don't dejammie if I dont have to.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yep, Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen and for the record I recall the most famous reindeer of all.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nuthin' It encourages long hikes by the short furries.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We no longer put the presents under the tree until christmas. No one wants to see a handknit sweater peed on or eaten.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Dude, I work retail. Dont even get me started. I think right now I am going to be in a big huge minority and say that I don't like too much religion in my Christmas. I am not athiest or anything, tho I am not a practcing anything either at the moment. I think of this as a holiday to be with my family and celebrate being close to these and all the other people in my life. Maybe this non-religosity effects my point of view but I don't like stores and such bringing religion into the equation. I don't think "away in the Manger" is appropriate to play on Walmart radio. I don't think Hanukkah songs belong either. It would be ok in Mom and Pop stores, but really, in large faceless commercial enties it bugs me a bunch. It could be because I am from a very multicultural neighbourhood where most of my neighbors didn't celebrate Christmas as Christ-mas, or because I don't like the idea of corperations making money of faux piety. Probably a bit of both.
On a presonal note I am almost done shopping, I still have to knit 3 hats and 3 Scarves. I am so fat halfway through scarf #1, and I have to totaloly frog the only hat I have cast on. "It" is going to happen to me again this year.