1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- I love just about anything that doesn't squeek, right now I am eyeing a lot of superwash to use for gifts (when you don't kjnow how they will be washed it's safest)
- My favourite things are really just soft yarns in bright vibrant colours.
- I'm not a huge cotton fan but I've never really used a good cotton before.
- koigu rocks.
- am a Socks That Rock virgin
- I have a big vase for my straights and a little jar for some of my dpns or a make-up bag depending on thier length.
- My cirulars are from sets for the most part so they go back in the case. mY glass circs (love'em) stay in a box when not in use to prevent breakage
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- I've been knitting 2 years this coming August (so a year and a half) I learned from a few books and am still learning mainly with online tutorials, more books and a few knitting forums. Next month I'll be taking a couple of classes during a trip to Toronto.
- I'm an adventurous Intermediate
5. What's your favorite scent?
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
- it really changes, I love caramel and mint chocolate but not together (shudder) I just tried the lidnt double milk mini eggs and they are yummy. I am not certain my twix phase is over, but in the interests of not dying of malnutritionI've been limiting them.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
- I have a drop spindle, fiber and books. I do not have a clue tho. It's one of the courses I'll be taking at the Knitter's Frolic.
- I crochet a bit.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- I love soundtracks, techno and heavy metal/opera techno remixes
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
- I really love Orange at the moment, I like pinks, teals, golds, grey, browns, orange (just thougt I'ed mention that again) and purple. My favourite yarn of the moment is a verigated deep purple, teal and orange. I really just love wild and crazy mixes of colour. The brighter the better.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- I'm at home helping take care of my parents who have health issues and yeah I got pets. 4 cats and 2 dogs.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- I wear all of them, but the only poncho pattern I ever liked was from issue 40 of Rowan and a big wool cable. I have yet been brave enough to wear it in public. So probably ponchos are a bad idea.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- anything new and challenging!
13. What are you knitting right now?
- Vivika for March Sweater Madness, a pair of monkey socks, and a pair of stockinette socks from Sweet Sheep's Gummy Bunny.
- Next up-the dollar and a half cardigan from the new Interweave and city coat from the book domiknitrix
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
- of course, people who don't are tres lame.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- straight and metal although sadly with dpn's i have to say, size matters. I don't like dealing with anything longer than 6" if I can avoid it. I've been wanting to try Pony Plastic dpns.
- I have a ball winder and I still have to press people into being my own personal swift.
- old, at least a year and a month.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
- I like them all I think, Easter and Halloween and Christmas. I'm not really religious so you don't have to worry about that whole side to things.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
- I like polar bears, and fantasy animals (unicorns, dragons, chimeras,ect)
- I love sci-fi and fantasy movies, tv shows and books
- my favourite author is Tanya Huff
- I have about 200 movies
- I am slowly working on getting the entire Star Wars book set, and am so very not even close yet.
- I play a lot of video games I love the Sims for pc, I have a wii, an x-box 360 and a ps2 ( I have no desire at the moment to get a ps3 unless they get a karaoke revolution that is exclusive to them)
- I love old school toons
- I love DC and Marvel comics!
- I buy every magazine I can get my hands on when they come into the store. I love interweave knits!
- I'ed like to find a copy of Confessions of a Knitting Heritic
- Lucy Neatby's dvd collection **drool**
- I'ed like to improve my finishing
- colour work
- magic loop
- I completly heart knitting socks. I like the dpn method much more than the 2 circs method.
- I wear about an 8 shoe (it depends on if I have been working super long shifts or not)
- August 10, 1977
Misc: I never mind getting used movies or games, even books. I don't think it's tacky-it's frugal. (this came up in another swap figured it may come up again) Bootlegs are ok too.