Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sock Kit 2 Swap

KNITTING:

How would you rate yourself as a knitter on a scale from 1 (what's knitting?) to 10 (I knit lace in my sleep.)? 7 An adventurous Knitter who can't do intarsia well nor happily

What techniques are you comfortable with? (cables, lace, entrelac, intarsia, fair isle...)What techniques are you itching to learn? everything but intasrisa and fair ilse, i can do them but again, neither well nor happily

What techniques are scarier than grasshoppers monsters in the closet? it's knitting, whats there to be scared about?

KNITTING SOCKS:How many socks have you knit? Guesstimation is okey dokey! 10ish


Do you live and breathe socks, or is this your first time knitting them? Interpolation is encouraged. I like socks but sometimes you need a sweater...or dragon..or something, anything, else

How do you do it: Magic loop, DPNs, two circulars? Bamboo, metal, pencils? 2 circs is my new fave but dpns were my first ;> Magic loop feels like wrestling an octopus

Ever tried any other method? Want to? Willing to try anything...which says a lot about me actually

YARN:What yarn do you currently have in stock? Sweet Sheep, STR, Koigu, Yarntini, Seacoast, C*eye*ber Fiber, Zen Yarn Garden, Louet, Cherry Tree Hill, Kroy, and a few misc around somewhere.

Yarns that you love? Hate? I like my yarn to be like me, tightly wound ;> I like my fingering yarn closer to sport than fingering,

Solid, self striping, self patterning, variegated, hand dyed. Discuss. I prefer verigated but it's always depending on the pattern. Jaywalkers for example look amazing with self striping. Has anyone found something that looks good with jaquardi?

Colours you love?Colours you hate? Bright colours with heavy emphasis on orange, teal, lime and purples. I am not a fan of primary colours.

Are you a wool knitter, or does cotton get you going? (Or, you know, other fibers...) Wool and other fibers, cotton is ok to but a blend is more comfirtable to work with.

Does 100g do you, or do you have a love of tall socks/big feet? I don't have big feet but I heart a long sock.

Do you make your own yarn? Have you ever wanted to try to? I have to get onto the whole drop spindle thing I have a kit it's just sitting down and learning it. I want a spinning wheel but it's not a good investment right now as I wouldn't get enough time to use it

Do you want to use handmade yarn? You know that stuff not spun by a machine... I prefer superwash for socks because I am terrified they will felt!

EXTRAS:Describe yourself in 5 words or less. Funky, Strange, Enthusiastic, Refreshing and Blunt


Have you ever actually used a stitch marker? Periodically, sometimes even in my knitting, there is always a use for a good stitch marker!

You love chocolate, right? I love caramel and toffee best but chocolate rocks too.

Are you allergic to anything I might think about sending to you? (We at Sock Kit Swap 2 do not encourage sending prescription medication to your pals.) Bees ( I understand this means I can't use anything with paba in it skin creams and the like), fish, most detergents and soaps like Ivory(wool wash seems to be ok)

Any patterns you've been dying to try? I bought cookie a.'s patterns but haven't given them a try yet.

Any other random information you think your pal may find useful? My blog is full of them. Right now only that I am entirely HTML impared.