Monday, August 13, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

  • Non-squeecky yarn. Squeeking yarn makes me shudder.
  • I really need some DK and worsted and Possibly bulky to add to the stash. Right now I have a lot of fingering weight.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
  • I have a rocken DPN holder from my monkey pal Leslie.
  • I have a vase that holds my straights and um. well the cirulars are either MIA or in projects at the moment.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
  • I am an adventurous intermediate (i think in order to be an expert you actually have to be good at knitting. I am averageish.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

5. What's your favorite scent?
  • apples, roses, cinnamon, tea
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
  • caramels!! but my teeth are so bad right now I shouldn't, but soo good
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
  • I have tried crochet, cross stitch, beading, wire jewllery, floral arranging, scrapbooking and spinning (sort of) I realize am not even a little crafty
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
  • almost everything I have plays mp3s I like new age/techno opera best
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
  • I like yarns in bright colours. I prefer something not royal blue, red nor yellow. If it's to be actual clothing often I will make it out of a more sedate colour. Like a shrug in browns. Scarves gloves or other accessories are bright and wild.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
  • I take care of my parents
  • I have 4 cats and 2 dogs
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
  • not ponchos but I may wear a capelet. ;/
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
  • right now I am knitting small little gifty things and HP themed items. Fingerless gloves, small bags, hats and a knittend Cuthulu doll
13. What are you knitting right now?
  • fishnet stockings
  • stuffed dragon
  • little pyramid bags
  • owls
  • Jellyfish from Magknits
  • Coachella from Knitty
  • oh and Stasky from Knitty
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
  • UN HUH!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
  • I like straights but I love my glass circs so I think I just like glass best. Metla Needles are good as I usually warp my wooden ones.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
  • yes I just got this awesome Orange swift for my birthday!!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
  • lets just say I have many UFO's and I don't care. I knit for fun and if the project isn't fun I usually won't keep going.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
  • Halloween and Christmas (I love Christmas Music!!)
19. Is there anything that you collect?
  • Stuffed Polar Bears
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
  • I really want Barbara Wlaker's knitting treasuries!
  • I buy Knit.1, Interweave, Vouge, Simply Knitting and anything else I come across that i like. Not a fan of Creative Knitting though.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
  • I'ed like to be better at fair isle and intarsia
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
  • I am tho I am on a bit of a sock break at the moment.
  • My feet are 9" long and 9" instep....
23. When is your birthday?
  • Aug 10
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
  • Jinxsa
  • I moderate World War Z (a zombie group) and Yarn In Tights (for comic book fans)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pal!

I'm not sure what has happened - I have emailed you twice (Aug 15 and Aug 17) to ask you a few questions, and was wondering why you weren't responding. Now I hear that you didn't receive either of those mails. I've asked the hostess to verify the email address I was given.

Anyhow - HI! I'm here and I have read through your blogg entirely, I think. I know you well. I know you better than anyone. I know you better than I know myself..... (And if you can figure out where that's from, we have another thing in common).

I notice you're not a newbie swapper, so I was wondering what you like to receive the most. Yarn, knitting related stuff, sweets, random surprises... or something different?