Monday, December 17, 2007

I am why my dad has no hair.

I was a horribly confusing child. Wicked smart with attention span of a fruit fly and the memory of a gnat. We were discussing Christmas's when I was little the other day and my father reminded me of the horrible 6 through 8 years. 6 was the year I realized elves made the toys. This had a bit of fall out, 1. I could ask for really expensive stuff cuz elves made it and 2. it made me question why santa gave me stuff with PACKAGING?! Elves make offical packaging? It didn't seem very plausible. I spent most of Christmas #6 starting at the toy Santa brought me contemplating the packaging. I didn't want to open the toy because I was trying to figure the whole thing out. I didn't actually voice this thought aloud until a few months later when I finally removed it from it's box.
Year 7 santa brought me a toy with NO PACKAGING now you would think that this would make sence to crazy smart/suspicious 7 year old me. Alas it was the 80's and my reaction was (literally) Santa makes cheap knockoff counterfit toys!!!!! Again the parents are really at a lost. Year 8 was a bit funny. Santa brought me books and a fairly generic tradtional sled. He's been bringing me books and dvds ever since. I wonder if I should report him for copyright fraud?

6 comments:

KaKi said...

That is hilarious! The pains parents will go to, to keep children believing!! Your poor parents! Merry Christmas!

mjm knitting said...

Your entries always make me smile.

Happy Holidays My Dear!

Kelley said...

I just discovered your blog today (actually my husband did). That is so funny about your parents. My parents had me because I was (and still am) unwilling to admit that there might not be a Santa.

Yarn Boy said...

And this is why everyone loves you :D

Riggwelter said...

ha ha!

Have a great Christmas x

Valerie said...

-=giggle=- What a terrific story!