Saturday, December 01, 2007

Life Happens...

...and I suppose that's better then the alternative, really. It's been pretty crazy.Dad is ok but not great. He had a birthday this week which he hearted his presents. I do presents good. I have abandoned all hope of doing any Christmas knitting. It's been ok but, I dunno, odd. We aren't busy there is almost nothing to do but I can't keep up and I don't know why. Probably because of the insane people. Which I will get to later suffice to say the city was the proud host of the Full Fronal Lobodomy Survivor Convention.


This post isn't going to be about anything but a much belated Thanks to my SP11 Anna from http://www.knitandknag.blogspot.com/. Who really thoughtful and patient. She sent me an amazing last package. For the record Anna is the genius behind the Mystic Waters KAL. I have always had the greatest pals. Am so lucky.

The Hatcho is really bright and I love it. It's tightly wound which means it'll match me in another week or so ;> The Manos Del Uruguay is going to match my mom's coat. (What's the tack factor on making gifts from gift yarn? Yeay? Nay? There were darning needles and a tape measure (see she knows me so well) And a Pooh Little Instruction book, which should give me a little zen through the holidays (I need a little zen ... I was going to say "now and then" but I can't rhyme without feeling at least a bit apologetic). So much thanks and go and give Anna her props!! She rules!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I hope all is well with your dad dear! Glad he liked his B-day gifts and I am glad you liked your goodies too!

LadyLungDoc said...

Gifts from gift yarn are the gift that keeps on giving - you have the fun of knitting with the nice yarn, and you get the warm fuzzy of seeing the recipient ooh and aah over the finished procuts - I say go for it!

Riggwelter said...

awww what a lovely package.

Anna said...

I agree with Lady Lungdoc and see absolutely nothing wrong with gifts from gift-yarn. (I knew it wasn't quite your colour, but I couldn't help myself.... it was so beautiful).
And what's wrong with some Zen every now and then? I don't think I could have resisted that one....

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun trying to get to know you on the sly, so to speak. Ravelry is great for stalking. :-)

Miss Me said...

knitters get yarn as gifts because we like yarn... the fact that you can make something out of it is a bonus. it's not regifting, since it is something completely different, although you have enjoyed the gift as intended. and those lobotomy survivors? mr. me refers to them as "living brain donors". somehow that just works, doesn't it?

Kathy Gallegos said...

awww what a lovely package.