Well it's over. March is here. The really hideous family thing I never blogged about it over and turned out not to be such a big deal after all (the homecare nurses threatened to take my father out of the home as we weren't caring for him properly, the reviewing nurse told them to get stuffed basically). Kinda Anti-climatic. I am cleansing my pallate of February aftertaste by participating in March Sweater Madness. I am doing a pull over version of Mr. Greenjeans. I've actually finished the body and tried it on a few time it fits but the armholes are a bit big so I'll have to fudge the sleeves a bit. But it FITS! Michelle has seen the picture of last years she is laughing now I am sure.
Friday I got notification I had a few deliveries arrive. I was felled by a migraine all weekend. Personally only a mojor wimp could call the headache I had a migraine but apparently that is the correct term because it made me sick to my stomach (why no I can't spell nauseaous. See?). I got called into work yesterday and will be doing a short shift in Calgary tomorrow so my mom was nice enough to pick up my packages from the Post Office for me today. I got out of the bath to see this.
3 big boxes one was my order from http://www.thesweetsheep.com/. Here is a few small shot full of loverly yarn porn.
I also got my Mystery Swap package from Sister Amy. ( http://nunknits.blogspot.com/ ) She sent me a lovely themed package: Latvian Mittens. There was a copy of Piecework Magazine which I haven't read before. it's pretty awesome. 4 colours of Lace Weight Misti Alpacha to make the mittens pictured.
She included Stabucks mocha mix, 2 really soft feeling soaps that smell really amazingly clean. And Purdy's chocolate! I have lived out west for almost 10 years and I never tried it, I feel a bit embarrassed admitting that.
Also in the post I recieved a really fun package from Amy (http://p3knitter.wordpress.com) There is a whole criteria for the Scavenger Hunt Swap.
1) Something local-The green Bamboo Blen sock yarn From Dyepot.com it's really shiny Ranges from maroon to a really lovely forest green.
2) Something round- A handmade DPN roll! Very retro colour/pattern, which is very me.
3) Something green Ecoganic Pakucho Peruvian cotten 2 cute little hanks, one of the softer cottens I've run into
4) Something related to the letter 'T'- A T mega mix cd which is going to work with me on Friday.
5) Something funny- Little Magnetic notpad that says I'ed rather be knitting (note to self:putting it on the computer tower is bad)
6) Something hard-Chocolate!! Yum!! Cheer you up kinda chocolate!!
7) Spoilers choice (make up a category for your item!) She maded me a hat, No pics of me wearing it but it does fit (Self portaits are not so good and YB makes me look like the triple chin garden gnome)
Both of these packages came at the right time and cheered me up enormously!! I Love the novelty of both these swaps and would recomended them in a heartbeat. Both of the Amy's (Ok I just noticed that they were both named Amy, but I have been writing this off and on for about 5 hours) get totaly votes in the amazingly thoughtful catagory! Yeay!